James P. Logan and his brother, William E. Logan (deceased), were founding partners in 1961 of Logan and Logan, Attorneys at Law, located in Englewood, New Jersey. The firm’s name was changed in 1993 to Logan, Logan and Lindsay when Robyn Lindsay became a partner. The firm merged with Harwood Lloyd, LLC. in 2006 where Mr. Logan is now Of Counsel.
Throughout his career Mr. Logan represented several Bergen County municipalities as municipal attorney, planning board attorney, board of adjustment attorney, board of education attorney and sewerage authority attorney. He also was appointed and served as a municipal judge. Practice areas of his law firm included wills, trusts and estates, real estate law, municipal law, litigation and business law.
With regard to community service, Mr. Logan was a member and President of the Tenafly Board of Education, a member and Chairman of the Board of the Englewood Hospital and Medical Center and President of the Tenafly Presbyterian Church Board of Trustees.
Mr. Logan received his B.A. from Trinity College in 1954. Upon graduation he served as a Second Lieutenant in the United States Air Force where he was a navigator in the Material Air Transport Service. He received his J.D. from the University of Virginia Law School in 1960.
Mr. Logan is admitted to practice before the courts of the State of New Jersey (1960), the United States Court of Claims, (1989) and the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit (1990).